Kew, New South Wales, Australia is the gateway to the magnificent Camden Haven which is a well kept secret of the Greater Port Macquarie – Hastings area. We are 4 hours north of Sydney and 6 hours south of Brisbane. Kew Motel provides you with a perfect base to explore the area.
- Laurieton Riverwalk Markets – 3rd Sunday of the month. – More info…
- The Artist Market – 4th Sunday of the month. – More info…
- The Foreshore Markets – 2nd Saturday of the month. – More info…
- Wauchope Farmers Markets – 4th Saturday of the month. – More info…
- Kendall Showground Markets – 1st Sunday of the month. – More info…
- Johns River Markets – 2nd Saturday of the month. – More info…
- Kendall Bazaar and The Meeting Place – every Thursday 10am – 1-pm. – More info…
- You can have a day on Queens Lake, only 10 minutes away, if you have your own sail boat or canoe or dinghy and explore the waterways of Queens lake and The Camden Haven River which also has access to Watsons Taylor lake, or the Pacific Ocean.
- Fishing, either with your own vessel or one of the local charters or just off the break wall or along the lakes edge.
- The Dunbogan Boat Shed offers boat hire. You can then explore the extensive waterways of the Camden Haven. You can also get a great cuppa here to enjoy on the deck while the kids feed the fish. www.dunboganboatshed.com
- Bush walking in the many national parks
- Explore the hinterland with its several Wineries driving through fantastic rural scenery through small villages, passing farms and the beautiful Australian bush, rainforests and waterfalls. www.bagovineyards.com.au , www.cassegrainwines.com.au
- The fabulous Ellenborough Falls are the longest single drop falls in NSW and the second longest in the southern hemisphere and is only a beautiful day trip there and back as you wont be able to help yourself to stop to picnic or indulge in the many eateries and take in the sites and look outs along the way.
- Some of the best beaches in the country are only a 15min drive.
- Play on the international standard Camden Haven 18 hole golf course only 200 mtrs walk from The Kew Motel. www.kewcountryclub.com.au
- Will Hagons Pit Stop is right next door for some interesting motor memorabilia collected over a lifetime of passion. www.willhagonskewpitstop.com.au
- The Billabong Koala & Wildlife park is a 20min drive. www.billabongzoo.com.au
- Timbertown museum is 25min on the western side of Wauchope. www.timbertown.com.au
- Port Macquarie is a 30min drive, visit the Koala Hospital. www.koalahospital.org.au
- You can wander through Sea Acres Rainforest Centre right on the coast, with Aborigonal cultural interests. www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
- Stoney Park is 30 min drive and provides an area for Water Skiing & Wake Boarding. www.stoneypark.com.au
- There is the quaint old style Laurieton Cinema with all the latest releases and comfy seating. www.plazatheatre.com.au
- Miss Nellie’s Café. The delightful country-style cafe celebrates the best of the Hastings local produce and offers something for everyone. www.missnelliescafe.com.au
Just ask at reception for directions we are pleased to be of service. The local hotels and clubs have a variety of fantastic entertainment and meals on offer all the time. There are bus services and some courtesy buses provided by the various clubs and hotels
Then return to your clean comfortable, quiet and friendly accommodation for a restful nights sleep at the centrally located Kew Motel.